Monday, July 18, 2011

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!!

We hope everyone is having a fun summer so far, I can't believe in about a month school will be starting back up. It has been a busy and hot couple of months here. Cole is doing daycare full time until school starts back up and then he'll be going all day for the first time. The last two years he was doing half days and then taking the bus to daycare. Now he'll go until 3 and then take the van over to after school care. Lots of changes that I hope he'll enjoy. And no more nap, so maybe he'll be begging to go to bed at night and not want to play until midnight if you let him. So for the moment he is enjoying his friends at daycare and doing lots of fun activities this summer. They have themes each week to keep it interesting, but with this group it doesn't take much to get them excited. We've been doing LOTS of swimming since it's SOOOO hot here. No exaggeration there, I swear each year the summers are getting hotter and the seasons gets longer. Ahhhh, the joys of living in Texas. :) Cole is a really strong swimmer and has come a long way since last year. He pretty much doesn't use his floaties anymore and can swim to the bottom of the pool and darts around like a little fish. He loves jumping off the sides and doing flips. I see a water park trip in our future before the summer is over. He still loves driving his four wheeler and big truck around. I love love love having a boy, even though it's so hot outside I just love all the fun boy things to do... Playing outside, hitting the baseball, kicking the ball, playing with motorcycles and cars, and digging in the dirt. No bugs for Mommy though. :) And when he's ready for a break from the hot outdoors, he enjoys going to the movies, visiting the bounce houses, and bowling. I can't believe my little man is going to be 5 next month. So hard to believe the time really does go by that fast, people always tell you but it's just something you have to experience. He is still doing speech therapy this summer so he continues to improve with his words and language skills. We are working on 4 word combinations, word association, perfecting sounds and pitches, and sorting objects in certain categories. He seems to really enjoy the computer learning activities she does with him. I think he is a tech lover, he is fascinated with cellphones and cameras too. He is doing so good with his manners, I love it when he says, "bless you mama" when I sneeze or "thank you mama" when he ask for something. He is a very sociable kid, he loves walking up and giving others hand shakes and he usually tries to sneak a few hugs from the ladies. And oh how I love him so much, but oh how he is a stubborn little boy and wants to be so independent. I love how he tries and wants to do things on his own, but he'll spend 5 minutes putting on one silly sock. :) And this kid loves to eat, he's still a pretty picky eater and we're limited with his diet, but he'll graze all day long. You have to get crafty in the kitchen sometimes to please that big appetite. Below are a few recent pics, as you can see he is growing and I think he's pretty darn cute too. Enjoy the rest of your summer, love ya! I'm sure it will be fall before I get another update in with my track record. :)














2 comments:

JPEMARSHALL said...

Cole is so cute! Thank you so much for the update and the pictures. It is so wonderful to hear that he is doing so well! It gives me lots of hope for Ethan - he'll be turning 1 on Saturday. Are you guys going to be making it to the GFPD Conference in Omaha? I am looking forward to seeing other families. Also, are you on FB? I blog about Ethan - http://thejourneyweareon.blogspot.com - if you want to check out our little dude's pictures.

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

Oh my word!! I can't believe how big he's getting!! He looks like a teenager!! We must try & work something out to get together before school starts!! I miss you two :(

So great to hear he's doing so well! I wouldn't expect anything else from that sweet lil' guy!

Miss & love you guys! XOXO