Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring is almost here!!! :)

Okay, so I have to say I officially stink at blogging! I can't believe it's been since December since I've been on here and March is peeking around the corner. Work and everything else has been very busy and I desperately need a computer at home. I've gone a couple of months thinking I would enjoy life without having the Internet or a laptop. But now I'm starting to realize how much I need one. So it's between a camera or laptop, we'll see which one wins. :) Enough about that, now on to the important stuff. Cole has been doing great so far this year. We've only had one test since last year and it was the HHT (Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangietasia). It came back negative which is awesome news. This was for the little broken blood vessels on his face and the heavy nosebleeds he gets. I've always said he is a little medical mystery. Eventually we can take him to TCH and the dermatologist can laser them off. I think his sweet face is so cute just the way it is. He'll have to be sedated for that. As far as any other testing, that is pretty much complete as of right now which is a nice break for Cole. He is doing great with school and speech therapy. His Speech Therapist did some testing with him this month and we were all amazed at the test results. He started 7 months ago and has jumped 10 months within that time frame. That is an average of the three tests she preformed on him. One section he jumped 16 months, this kid is working so hard! He still has some catching up to do, but he is so motivated and enjoys learning so much. He has mastered three word combinations and now we are working on four word combinations. He knows what he wants to say it's just getting it out in complete sentences. She's always give us neat suggestions and ideas on stuff we can work on at home. She really is an awesome therapist and Mr. C really clicks with her. He is full of so much energy and is enjoying getting outside and playing with great weather we've been having. I hope everyone is ready for Spring, I know we are! :) A great time to ride the four wheeler, blow bubbles, play at the park, kick the ball, run around like a silly kid, and just have fun with family and friends!

1 comment:

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

I think his sweet face is PERFECT, just the way it is, too :) He looks SO happy! I'm SOOOO glad he's doing well!

I sure do miss you guys :( When did he get SO flippin' tall?!?! I must see you guys soon!!!! Love you, LNMOP!!! xoxo