Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yay... Summer Time!

Summer is officially here and the fun times have begun, the only thing that could make it even better is if I was off work to enjoy it and I lived on the beach! :) Cole has had a good start so far, he seems to be enjoying his summer camp at the local church. They do some fun activities so it keeps him busy and he's always on the go which he loves. They had water day this week which has been a blast. We've spent a lot of time swimming, going to the water pads, riding the four wheeler, and playing soccer and baseball outside. It's getting so hot so swimming has been the top activity because Mommy needs a nice cool break from the heat... It's funny how the hot temps don't really phase the little ones, they will play all day outside if you let them. Cole got to celebrate his Daddy's birthday this month, so that was fun because he loves birthdays especially if there are sweets involved. He also made a trip to Dallas to see lots of family which he always loves. He also made his Daddy some cool Father's Day goodies. So it's for sure been a jam packed busy summer so far and looking forward to the rest of the season. No doctor's appointments coming up, we won't have another one until this Fall. He continues to work hard in speech, I'm really proud of him. I know I've said it before and I'll say it a million more times, I admire this kid so much. Lots of things have not been easy for him, he has to work harder than most kids his age. But yet he so deteremined and works hard and wants to learn new things. I know I'm partial and his Mommy but he is so wonderful to me. It makes me giggle and smile because my 5 year old son has taught me some of the most important life lessons that I couldn't learn any where else. His joy, his eagerness, his abundance of love and affection—these are the qualities that melt my heart a hundred times a day. It's these qualities that make him uniquely him. His happiness, smile and laugh are completely infectious. But even sweet little boys can be some big toots and wear you out in one day. :) Here are just a few pictures from the past month. Happy Summer and stay cool!














1 comment:

tiffany | monuments and melodies said...

He's getting SO big!!! I'm so glad he's doing well & enjoying summer so far!! Let's try to get together this summer. We miss you guys!! Love you!! xo