Friday, February 17, 2012

Cole's First Laser Treatment.

Cole had his first Laser Treatment last Tuesday for the telangiectasias on his face. It was done at Texas Children's in Houston since he had to be sedated for it. Telangietasias are enlarged blood vessels which can occur anywhere on the skin. We don't really know the cause of them, it can be from trauma, hormones, sun damage, or some other underlying medical condition. There haven't been any reported cases of kids with Cole's disorder having the telangietasias, but I'm not ruling it out because he hasn't been by the books with his condition. Everything went great and she was able to get most of them on the first round. We may have to get one more treatment since you can't see them all at one time. Some are more prominent at times than others, but the 2nd time should be minor compared to the first treatment. We always appreciate the prayers, so thank you so much for taking the time to think about him. After they did the treatment his cheeks were really red which is what they told us would happen. After about 7-10 days everything should begin to fade away. We continue to doctor and put cream on his face everyday and he's actually been good about it. It doesn't seem to bother him at all so that makes me happy. Did I mention he has the most kissable cheeks ever, because he does! :) They are so soft and sweet, I love him! This kid continues to inspire me and has taught me more life lessons than any other book or person could teach me. I've learned to be grateful for the smallest things, what may be something simple for a normal kid is a HUGE accomplishment for Cole. He is unique in his own way and I can truly say he loves life and everyone he meets. I really believe he sees the world in a whole different light, he sees the good and the positive. And although he is special in his own way, he's just like any other kid who can push Mommy to limit and be a crazy little boy. I wish everyone would take the time and really think about how they treat others and live life everyday to the fullest in a good way! I've learned to slow down and take the time to soak in all the things that are happening around me. Our kids grow up so fast and are constantly learning new things, doing new things, and they want to share that with us. I've always had my faith in God and continue to believe he is watching over Cole and has a special plan for him. Has that been tested at times, of course!!! As a Mom you are so protective and want to fix anything that is wrong but we don't have control over everything. So I've learned to leave it in has hands and continue to pray, pray, pray. It's a work in progress but I'm in a much better place than I was 4 years ago when we discovered Cole had a rare condition. Here are a few recent pictures of my favorite little guy! Enjoy! :) We've had some amazing weather lately, perfect for playing outside. I wish I could pause it, I'm not ready for the hot summer temperatures that will be here before we know it.








1 comment:

JPEMARSHALL said...

What an amazing kiddo and mommy. You are both and inspiration to Ethan and I.

Pamela