Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Short and Sweet Update!

Wow, it's been a busy busy month, we've celebrated birthdays, started school, started playing soccer, and made a trip to the audiologist for our yearly visit. He had a great birthday, he got to celebrate with his friends at school and then we opened presents and ate more cupcakes later that evening. He was super pumped about starting back to school, he has his same teacher and goes to the same after school care so no tears were shed. And that's great because a happy Cole makes for a happy Mommy. He started his first year of soccer and it's been so fun or should I say funny! He seems to really enjoy it, but he has his moments where he gets easily distracted. I had more fun watching his first game. The kids are so happy and having a blast running around, before you know it one kid is climbing the goal pole and another is playing in the dirt... which has been my kid at times. :) I think it's a great experience for him to get out there and work together as a team. As long as he's having fun and playing well with others that's all I can ask for. We went to Houston for his yearly hearing test. They said this test will be the most accurate since he's older and able to give them more feedback. The test did say some of this hearing has gotten worse since last years test. We haven't noticed a big change but we feel if we can get his hearing aids adjusted to what he needs then that's what we want. There wasn't a big change in the low frequency, but the high frequency did display some noticeable changes. He did awesome for the test so we are really proud of him. His hearing loss is not profound enough so he is not eligible for cochlears, he will continue to wear his behind the ears and we'll have them adjusted to his new test results. He has his vision test in about 2 weeks so please keep your fingers and toes crossed that those test will come back good. I try really hard to stay positive and hopeful that things will not get worse since there is a chance with his condition that it can. I wake up and put on my happy face and hope the very best for him and that he enjoys each and every day. We hope everyone had a fun summer and have a Happy Fall.. I am loving these cooler temps. :)






Celebrating my birthday with my favorite party pal!

Swimming again!?!?!? Of course!

We love playing with our trucks in the dirt!

Chowing down on some chicken before speech.

Happy Happy Birthday, we had to sing and re-light the candles over and over. :)

He is all about crazy hair!


Celebrating my Grandmother's 80th Birthday!

My Grandmother's twin sister celebrating too!

1 comment:

JPEMARSHALL said...

Cole continues to amaze me and everyone around him! He is such an inspiration!